Living with a diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease?
The Jewish Home Family has specialized programs and services, along with highly trained staff, who can make the difference for you—and your family.
To effectively care for those with Parkinson’s disease, a far reaching, multidisciplinary approach is required.
At the Jewish Home Family, we have made a commitment to excellence in the care of individuals with Parkinson’s disease and created a comprehensive program across all elements of our system, including Jewish Home Assisted Living, the Jewish Home at Rockleigh, the Gallen Medical Adult Day Center and Jewish Home at Home.
Our approach to Parkinson’s is personalized for each individual and holistic, addressing the key components of mind, body and spirit. We also know that a diagnosis of Parkinson’s affects the whole family and we strive to keep families engaged and educated.
Our Program Includes:
- Specially trained staff
- Comprehensive individualized assessments
- Monthly review of the care with the neurologist, rehab team and nursing team
- Control of timing of medications and coordination of activities of daily living
- Dietary considerations
- Specialized adaptive equipment
- Ongoing consultations with the psychiatrist and psychologist
- Supplemental restorative nursing program
- Official Rock Steady Boxing Affiliate
Support for You and Your Family
Monthly facilitated support groups help you and your family to connect with others, learn, share information and provide support. The Parkinson’s support group meets on the 3rd Thursday of every month at 10:30 a.m. at the Jewish Home at Rockleigh, 10 Link Drive, Rockleigh, New Jersey. No registration is required and the support group is open to everyone.
- Strengthening exercises to improve range of motion, posture, reduce rigidity and prevent contractures
- SPEAK OUT!
- LOUD Crowd
- LaughActive (This program is supported by a community grant from the Parkinson’s Foundation)
- BIG and LOUD therapy program
- LSVT speech therapy
- Delay the Disease
- Diaphragmatic breathing
- Flexibility training
- Balance and gait training
- Cognitive therapy
- Virtual rehab platform
- Tai Chi
- Chair Pilates and aerobics
- Music therapy
- Therapy pets
For more information or with any questions at all
please call 1-855-JHF-PARK (1-855-543-7275)
We would like to hear from you. Please send us a message by filling out the form below and we will get back with you shortly.
"*" indicates required fields