Our Patrons donate to Endowment Funds, Memorial Funds, or a fund in their name in perpetuity in support of our nursing home, assisted-living facility, senior services and elderly programs in New Jersey
The Personal Endowment Fund Program at the Jewish Home was established in 1992. It allows donors to create either unrestricted endowments for the general benefit of residents to be utilized at the discretion of the administration of the Home, or alternatively, to earmark funds for a specifically dedicated purpose. The principal investment of these endowments is never touched, but continues to grow through additional commitments, contributions and interest earned. The endowment also carries the donor’s name in perpetuity.
The endowments enrich the quality of the lives of our residents as well as those we serve in our Gallen Adult Day Health Care and outreach programs. Funds can be established starting at $10,000, or donors may consider making a gift of any amount to an existing Endowment Fund (existing Endowment Funds listed below).
Donors are invited to select or design a program and establish an endowment that will benefit our elders today, and will be there for generations to come.
- Fritzi and Alton Adler Fund For support of athletic activities
- Bea Bendheim Fund For general support of operations
- Angelica and Russ Berrie Anniversary Fund For general support of operations
- Myrna and Alan Cohen Endowment Fund For the support of the Myrna and Alan Cohen Annual Spring Concert
- George Clott Fund For library at Rockleigh
- Marion and Curt de Jonge Endowment Fund For computer and Internet service for residents
- Harriet and Marvin Eiseman Fund For general support of operations
- Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Gallen Fund For the Gallen Adult Day Health Care Center and the Gallen Adult Day Health Care Transportation Program
- Marion and Albert Hess Fund For the support of aging at home services in memory of Rebe and Jack Hyman
- Marilyn Harwood Memorial Chopped Liver Fund For resident kiddushes
- Bella and Martin Himmelfarb Memorial Fund For JHR Employee of the Month Award
- Henie and Roy Horton Memorial Fund For JHR Resident Therapeutic Art Programs
- David Lapin Memorial Fund For general support of operations
- Maurice Levy Memorial Fund For the benefit of nursing education
- Doris and William Lippman Fund For resident entertainment
- Bernice and Milton Luxemburg Fund For Jewish festival celebrations in memory of Dora and Louis Adler
- Ethel and Irving Plutzer Fund For dental care
- Pauline and Jerome Rose Fund For the support of a social service intern
- Syril and Leonard Rubin Fund For general support of operations
- Hildegard and Sidney Schonfeld Fund For general support of operations
- Louise and Leonard Schwartz Endowment Fund For general support of operations
- Herb Seid Memorial Fund For support of staff fitness
- Barbara and Norman Seiden Fund For the support of services designated by the Jewish Home President
- Charlotte Simon Scholarship Fund
- Sylvia and Stanley Shirvan Endowment Fund For rehabilitation services for the neurologically impaired
- Karen and Gary Singer Fund For the benefit of resident programs and services
- Jeanette and Seymour Spira Fund For library large print papers, books, tapes
- Swire Family Endowment Fund For the enhancement of interior design
- Marilyn and Henry Taub Fund For the support of in-patient Alzheimer’s services
- Dorothy Tuder Endowment Fund For Alzheimer’s care in memory of Bertha and William Tuder
- Beate and Henry Voremberg Fund For general support of operations
- Inge and Paul Wolff Fund For recreational activities
- Leane Woller Memorial Library Fund In support of JHR library
Contributions may be made through the Jewish Home Foundation which is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization. Contributions made to the Foundation are tax-deductible as permitted by law.
For further information about making a donation of any kind to the Jewish Home, contact Melanie Cohen, Foundation Executive Director at 201-750-4231, or email@example.com.